On call staffing solutions, the nation’s most sophisticated recognized healthcare staffing company, offers nursing, allied, and advanced practice healthcare professionals a full range of per diem, contract, travel and permanent placement opportunities. Whether you want to work flexible hours in your home town or travel to exciting places, we have the job that’s right for you! With top pay, great benefits and a broad variety of assignments, it’s no wonder we’re the FAVORITE of healthcare professionals across America!
The Medical Assistant is required to provide an excellent customer experience while assisting in all aspects of medical practice under the direct supervision and responsibility of a physician.The Medical Assistant is responsible for handling and administering all medications according to regulatory standards and organizational policy and procedure.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsibilities. This position is responsible for patient safety, performing phlebotomy, Point of Care testing, assisting in minor procedures, processing lab specimens and the safe operation of medical equipment.
- day-to-day activities of the position.
- This position is responsible for the collection, communication and documentation of accurate patient information/data and maintaining medical records according to regulatory standards and organizational policies and procedures.
- Addresses patient questions/concerns using physician protocols.
- Provides patient instructions as directed by the physician.
- Coordinating requests for information and prescriptions,
- Maintaining and preparing patient care areas to ensure efficient, effective and safe patient care delivery.
- Reports to the Manager/Supervisor and is non-exempt.
- High School or equivalent required.
- Recent graduate (within last 3 years) with Associates of Science in Medical Assisting degree or Occupational Associate in Medical Assisting degree or Vocational/Technical Certificate (1300 hrs. curriculum) required.
- Internal medicine and or family practice experience preferred.
- Training: License: Certification through the AAMA (American Association of Medical Assisting) preferred.
- Team oriented
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to determine appropriate course of action in more complex situations
- Ability to work independently, exercise creativity, be attentive to detail, and maintain a positive attitude
- Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous responsibilities and to prioritize scheduling of work
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all medical, financial, and legal information
- Ability to complete work assignments accurately and in a timely manner
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to handle difficult situations involving patients, physicians, or others in a professional manner
Benefits and Perks
- Direct Deposit and Weekly Pay
- First Day Health Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Company Provided Housing Options
- Travel Stipend and Transportation Bonus Available