On call staffing solutions, the nation’s most sophisticated recognized healthcare staffing company, offers nursing, allied, and advanced practice healthcare professionals a full range of per diem, contract, travel and permanent placement opportunities. Whether you want to work flexible hours in your home town or travel to exciting places, we have the job that’s right for you! With top pay, great benefits and a broad variety of assignments, it’s no wonder we’re the FAVORITE of healthcare professionals across America!
The lead surgical technologist, under the direct supervision of the Charge Nurse and the direction of the Nurse Manager, accepts overall responsibility for a designated surgical area of specialty. Knowledgeable regarding service specific equipment and instruments which are out for repair or need replacement. The surgical technologist possesses knowledge of aseptic technique, human anatomy, surgical procedures, and current technology used to facilitate a physician’s performance of invasive therapeutic and diagnostic procedures.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsibilities. The Lead Surgical Technologist is responsible for training other staff in their surgical specialty.The lead tech is responsible for assuring all equipment and instruments are operational. Ensures adequacy of equipment, supplies and instruments.The lead surgical technologist functions under the direction of the Registered Nurse and Physician to facilitate the safe and effective completion of invasive surgical procedures.
- day-to-day activities of the position.
- Direct and indirect patient care activities include the following type of functions: clinical, clerical, materials management, and housekeeping.
- The lead surgical technologist trains and precepts less experienced surgical tech staff in the preparation of the more complex and difficult cases.
- Serves as a preceptor for surgical technology students and RN interns in multiples specialties. Serves as a resource person for all specialties.
- The surgical technologist teaches and directs less experienced surgical staff in room preparation and turnover.
- The technologist participates in unit activities.
- High school graduate or GED
- Graduate from an accredited education program for Surgical Technology
- Certified as a surgical technologist
- Current BCLS certification issues by the American Heart Association
- Minimum 4 yrs. recent experience as a Surgical Technologist with demonstrated competency in multiple inpatient surgical specialties
- Provide leadership by demonstrating positive guest relations
- Effective communication skills
- Excellent work ethics
- Superior leadership skills.Great communication skills.
- Team oriented
- Ability to handle difficult situations involving patients, physicians, or others in a professional manner
Benefits and Perks
- Direct Deposit and Weekly Pay
- First Day Health Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Company Provided Housing Options
- Travel Stipend and Transportation Bonus Available