On call staffing solutions, the nation’s most sophisticated recognized healthcare staffing company, offers nursing, allied, and advanced practice healthcare professionals a full range of per diem, contract, travel and permanent placement opportunities. Whether you want to work flexible hours in your home town or travel to exciting places, we have the job that’s right for you! With top pay, great benefits and a broad variety of assignments, it’s no wonder we’re the FAVORITE of healthcare professionals across America!
You will be required to assist the physician or midwife with all aspects of pregnancy and childbirth. Coaching expectant mothers and provides guidance to the mother on all aspects of recovery and infant care.
Responsibilities and Duties
Responsibilities. Provide nursing care through the journey of childbirth, working holistically with families, providing a warm point of contact for them within the health care system.
Day-to-Day activities of the position.
- Provides direct patient care in the maternal specialty area to both mother and infant
- Evaluates patient care and plans according to best patient outcomes and facility resources.
- Monitors, documents, and communicates mother, fetal and infant status to members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Coordinates maternal patient care holistically, advocating for physical, emotional and psycho-social needs.
- Evaluates learning needs of patient and partners, and provides education appropriate to circumstances.
- Refers patient(s) care to ancillary support staff and specialists
- Adept at interpreting fetal heart monitoring and EKG readings
- Provides appropriate nursing care for childbearing women from teens to advanced maternal age
- Provides advocacy, education and care from pregnancy through to postpartum phases, including fetal and infant care
- Advocates for room-in or single-room, family centered care philosophy
- Seeing expectant mothers in their prenatal visits,
- Teaching childbirth preparation classes.
- If there are other duties assigned, he/she must be flexible for it.
- BSN Certification preferred
- NCLEX-RN Certification
- BLS preferred
- ACLS preferred
- Great communication skills.
- Team oriented
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to determine appropriate course of action in more complex situations
- Ability to work independently, exercise creativity, be attentive to detail, and maintain a positive attitude
- Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous responsibilities and to prioritize scheduling of work
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all medical, financial, and legal information
- Ability to complete work assignments accurately and in a timely manner
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to handle difficult situations involving patients, physicians, or others in a professional manner
Benefits and Perks
- Direct Deposit and Weekly Pay
- First Day Health Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Company Provided Housing Options
- Travel Stipend and Transportation Bonus Available