On call staffing solutions, the nation’s most sophisticated recognized healthcare staffing company, offers nursing, allied, and advanced practice healthcare professionals a full range of per diem, contract, travel and permanent placement opportunities. Whether you want to work flexible hours in your home town or travel to exciting places, we have the job that’s right for you! With top pay, great benefits and a broad variety of assignments, it’s no wonder we’re the FAVORITE of healthcare professionals across America!
Works under the supervision of a preceptor and/ or charge nurse. Assesses patients’ needs when developing an individualized plan of care for each patient, demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served. Performs direct patient care through utilization of the nursing process in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act, physician orders, hospital policies and procedures, and established professional standards. The bariatric RN is responsible and accountable for the delivery of safe, competent care either through direct delivery of that care or appropriate delegation and for performance improvement and quality initiatives as appropriate.
Responsibilities and Duties
Responsibilities. Assessing patient needs,Planning, delivering and coordinating care , reassessing/evaluating care, act as a role model for care delivery and demonstrate values in all Actions, demonstrating excellent service.
Day-to-Day activities of the position.
- monitoring patients after they have had bariatric surgery.
- Consult with surgeons and other physicians if there are concerns about their patient’s progress.
- Provide ongoing treatment to patients.
- Teach patients how to improve their lifestyle so that they can lose weight and maintain weight loss.
- Work with patients to identify specific goals,
- Develop treatment plans to reach those goals
- Monitor patients’ progress.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span, assesses the data reflective of the patient’s status and interprets the necessary information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs.
- Coordinates the care and delegates as appropriate to other team members on a defined group of patients.
- Documents patient care in a knowledgeable, skillful and consistent manner meeting all required and regulatory standards. This includes but is not limited to: patient assessment, education, medication administration, treatments and patient safety.
- Demonstrates competency in nursing skills and use of patient care/unit equipment as defined by unit specific requisite skills.
- Prioritise patient care in an ongoing manner in accordance with Evidence Based Practice Standard.
- BSN Certification preferred
- BLS Certification
- Great communication skills.
- Team oriented
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to determine appropriate course of action in more complex situations
- Ability to work independently, exercise creativity, be attentive to detail, and maintain a positive attitude
- Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous responsibilities and to prioritize scheduling of work
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all medical, financial, and legal information
- Ability to complete work assignments accurately and in a timely manner
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to handle difficult situations involving patients, physicians, or others in a professional manner
Benefits and Perks
- Direct Deposit and Weekly Pay
- First Day Health Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Company Provided Housing Options
- Travel Stipend and Transportation Bonus Available