On call staffing solutions, the nation’s most sophisticated recognized healthcare staffing company, offers nursing, allied, and advanced practice healthcare professionals a full range of per diem, contract, travel and permanent placement opportunities. Whether you want to work flexible hours in your home town or travel to exciting places, we have the job that’s right for you! With top pay, great benefits and a broad variety of assignments, it’s no wonder we’re the FAVORITE of healthcare professionals across America!
Cath lab technicians are vital team members who assist doctors during invasive cardiovascular procedures such as angioplasty, cardiac catheterization, and electrophysiology.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsibilities. the technologist is responsible for ensuring the EKG equipment is in working order, and during the procedure, the technologist will monitor the EKG readouts and keep the doctor apprised of anything considered abnormal.
- day-to-day activities of the position.
- Prepare the patient for the procedure by cleaning, shaving, and, in the case of cardiac catheterization for angioplasty, anesthetizing the area of insertion.
- Assist doctors during open heart surgery, and with the insertion of pacemakers or stents. Again, the technologist will be the one responsible for preparing and monitoring the patient in these instances.
- Reading and interpreting test procedures and explaining the procedures to patients
- Provide quality control and ensure patient safety at all times
- Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) test (recommended)
- Associate of Applied Science or Associate of Science degree
- Great communication skills.
- Team oriented
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to determine appropriate course of action in more complex situations
- Ability to work independently, exercise creativity, be attentive to detail, and maintain a positive attitude
- Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous responsibilities and to prioritize scheduling of work
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all medical, financial, and legal information
- Ability to complete work assignments accurately and in a timely manner
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to handle difficult situations involving patients, physicians, or others in a professional manner
Benefits and Perks
- Direct Deposit and Weekly Pay
- First Day Health Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Company Provided Housing Options
- Travel Stipend and Transportation Bonus Available