On call staffing solutions, the nation’s most sophisticated recognized healthcare staffing company, offers nursing, allied, and advanced practice healthcare professionals a full range of per diem, contract, travel and permanent placement opportunities. Whether you want to work flexible hours in your home town or travel to exciting places, we have the job that’s right for you! With top pay, great benefits and a broad variety of assignments, it’s no wonder we’re the FAVORITE of healthcare professionals across America!
The Emergency Room RN is responsible for the observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention, and evaluation of care; health teaching and counselling of the ill, injured, or infirm; and the promotion of wellness, maintenance of health, and prevention of illness of others.
Responsibilities and Duties
Responsibilities. Manages basic life support needs and stabilizes patients until the attending physician is available, based upon nursing standards and protocol. Initiates corrective action whenever information from monitoring equipment shows adverse symptomatology and records patients’ current vital signs
Day-to-Day activities of the position.
- Works directly under physicians, assisting them during exams, diagnostic testing and treatments
- Prepares and administers (orally, subcutaneously, through an IV) and records prescribed medications.
- Reports adverse reactions to medications or treatments in accordance with the policy regarding the
administration of medications by a licensed registered nurse
- Provides basic, bedside care
- Maintains proper supplies and appropriate medical equipment to care for patients
- Reports any suspected abuse to the appropriate agencies
- Initiates patient education plan, as prescribed by physician.
- Teaches patients and significant others how to manage their illness/injury, by explaining: post-treatment home care needs, diet/nutrition/exercise programs, self-administration of medication and rehabilitation, as well as provides referrals to other healthcare professionals for follow-up treatment
- Records all care information concisely, accurately and completely, in a timely manner, in the appropriate format and on the appropriate forms
- If there are other duties assigned, he/she must be flexible for it.
- Minimum 6 months ED RN experience from a Hospital Setting
- BSN or in progress of BSN
- Current RN License
- Great communication skills.
- Team oriented
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to determine appropriate course of action in more complex situations
- Ability to work independently, exercise creativity, be attentive to detail, and maintain a positive attitude
- Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous responsibilities and to prioritize scheduling of work
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all medical, financial, and legal information
- Ability to complete work assignments accurately and in a timely manner
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to handle difficult situations involving patients, physicians, or others in a professional manner
Benefits and Perks
- Direct Deposit and Weekly Pay
- First Day Health Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Company Provided Housing Options
- Travel Stipend and Transportation Bonus Available