On call staffing solutions, the nation’s most sophisticated recognized healthcare staffing company, offers nursing, allied, and advanced practice healthcare professionals a full range of per diem, contract, travel and permanent placement opportunities. Whether you want to work flexible hours in your home town or travel to exciting places, we have the job that’s right for you! With top pay, great benefits and a broad variety of assignments, it’s no wonder we’re the FAVORITE of healthcare professionals across America!
The Registered Nurse (RN) Case Manager (CM) is responsible for coordinating the care and service of selected patient populations through the acute care episode transitioning the patient across the continuum. The CM assumes a leadership role to achieve desired clinical, financial, and resource outcomes.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsibilities. She is responsible 24 hours a day for the staffing and management of patient care in each of his/her units, for promoting the practice of professional nursing in a specified patient care area, and for the acquisition, development, and utilization of resources (human and material) needed to fulfill those responsibilities.
- day-to-day activities of the position.
- Assessing and prioritizing opportunities to improve, plan and implement effective changes
- Evaluate outcomes of process improvement activities.
- The Nurse Manager models behavior consistent with the MHS management philosophy actively supports the Mission and Vision of the MHS
- Effectively maintains the hospitals Standards of Care and Practice.
- Graduate of Accredited School of Nursing
- 3 years clinical experience as a staff nurse in an acute care hospital with Charge/Nurse Manager experience beneficial.
- Certification through Commission for Case Manager (CCM) or American Case Management Association (ACMA) within 2 years of hire.Skills
- Great communication skills.
- Team oriented
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to determine appropriate course of action in more complex situations
- Ability to work independently, exercise creativity, be attentive to detail, and maintain a positive attitude
- Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous responsibilities and to prioritize scheduling of work
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all medical, financial, and legal information
- Ability to complete work assignments accurately and in a timely manner
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to handle difficult situations involving patients, physicians, or others in a professional manner
Benefits and Perks
- Direct Deposit and Weekly Pay
- First Day Health Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Company Provided Housing Options
- Travel Stipend and Transportation Bonus Available