On call staffing solutions, the nation’s most sophisticated recognized healthcare staffing company, offers nursing, allied, and advanced practice healthcare professionals a full range of per diem, contract, travel and permanent placement opportunities. Whether you want to work flexible hours in your home town or travel to exciting places, we have the job that’s right for you! With top pay, great benefits and a broad variety of assignments, it’s no wonder we’re the FAVORITE of healthcare professionals across America!
You will be focused on the assessment, diagnosis, planning, treatment and evaluation of preoperative and post- operative surgical patients with emphasis on Cardiovascular Surgery and Cardiac ICU care including rhythm interpretation, hemodynamics, airway management, pain management, medication management, safety precautions, patient/family education and support, and initiation of the rehabilitation process.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsibilities. providing treatment and care for both adult and paediatric patients at all stages of their assessment, admission and stay, both pre- and post-operatively. Along with the other members of the nursing team, he/she will collaborate with the various medical specialists (cardiac surgeons, cardiologists, cardiac anaesthetists, Internal Medicine specialist) present in the Centre and facilitate the transmission of information relevant to nursing care to the national staff.
- day-to-day activities of the position.
- Conduct and document a thorough assessment of a patient’s medical status upon admission and throughout the patient’s course of treatment
- Assist in the development and implementation of an individualized treatment plan for each assigned patient
- Assess, plan and evaluate the nursing care of the patient before, during and after a surgical procedure
- Participate in the care of patients receiving sedation and assist physician during procedures
- Administer prescribed medications, apply dressings and monitor vital signs during procedures
- Ensure that sterile procedures are followed throughout the course of surgery, necessary equipment and medications are available for the operating room team, record progress and outcomes of surgical procedures and ensure proper handling of specimens
- Provide quality control and ensure patient safety at all times
- Great communication skills.
- Team oriented
- Knowledge of telemetry services
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to determine appropriate course of action in more complex situations
- Ability to work independently, exercise creativity, be attentive to detail, and maintain a positive attitude
- Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous responsibilities and to prioritize scheduling of work
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all medical, financial, and legal information
- Ability to complete work assignments accurately and in a timely manner
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to handle difficult situations involving patients, physicians, or others in a professional manner
Benefits and Perks
- Direct Deposit and Weekly Pay
- First Day Health Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Company Provided Housing Options
- Travel Stipend and Transportation Bonus Available