On call staffing solutions, the nation’s most sophisticated recognized healthcare staffing company, offers nursing, allied, and advanced practice healthcare professionals a full range of per diem, contract, travel and permanent placement opportunities. Whether you want to work flexible hours in your home town or travel to exciting places, we have the job that’s right for you! With top pay, great benefits and a broad variety of assignments, it’s no wonder we’re the FAVORITE of healthcare professionals across America!
Nurses who work in the cardiac catheterization lab (CCL) will assist the doctor in performing interventional procedures like cardiac catheterizations, valvuloplasties, and angioplasties. Other procedures include inserting pacemakers and implantable cardioverter-defirbrillators (ICDs).
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsibilities. providing treatment and care for both adult and paediatric patients at all stages of their assessment, admission and stay, both pre- and post-operatively.
- day-to-day activities of the position.
- He or she will answer questions and educate the patient about what is planned and make sure they have informed consent.
- Vital signs, oxygen, and heart rhythm are monitored continuously, and IVs and medicines are given per the doctor’s order.
- Conduct and document a thorough assessment of a patient’s medical status upon admission and throughout the patient’s course of treatment
- Assess, plan and evaluate the nursing care of the patient before, during and after a surgical procedure
- stay with the patient until they are recovered and ready to return to the floor.
- The nurse will go with the patient by stretcher to the floor and give the receiving nurse report before returning to the cath lab.
- Provide quality control and ensure patient safety at all times
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Great communication skills.
- Team oriented
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to determine appropriate course of action in more complex situations
- Ability to work independently, exercise creativity, be attentive to detail, and maintain a positive attitude
- Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous responsibilities and to prioritize scheduling of work
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all medical, financial, and legal information
- Ability to complete work assignments accurately and in a timely manner
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to handle difficult situations involving patients, physicians, or others in a professional manner
Benefits and Perks
- Direct Deposit and Weekly Pay
- First Day Health Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Company Provided Housing Options
- Travel Stipend and Transportation Bonus Available